Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Weekend Art Journaling

On Sundays, I've been making art with three other women online.  Each of us have our own projects and we dedicate the time to connecting, chatting, getting stuff done and showing each other our work (when we can get the right angle on the camera).  This last weekend, I didn't have a project in mind so I did some art journaling in the SmashBook that I created from the Courageous Creativity course.

I had already painted the pages white and then smeared them with some color.  Next I tried a technique from Tracy Verdugo, gluing on pieces of paper napkins.  Here's a tip: give yourself time to pry apart the dang two ply; it took me forever. But once you have the single layer of napkin on the page, it almost melts into it. It's so cool. I found some quotes that I liked that fit with the pages and spent some time playing with lettering.  Clearly more time could be spent practicing lettering! I also did some doodling on one of the pages.





Fun way to get the creative juices flowing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment