Friday, July 3, 2020

Courageous Creativity with Jenny Grant

Once again, I really enjoyed the Courageous Creativity exercise, this time provided by Jenny Grant. In some ways, this was like intuitive painting but with mixed media. And I remembered to take some photos of the process!

First we used a thin piece of cardboard (like from a cereal box) as the substrate and covered it with collage papers. She encouraged us to leave some papers hanging off of the cardboard.
Next we added paint. She had us smear some white paint on with an old credit card to soften some of the color differences and apply paint using a homemade stencil. 
At this point she drew on her page with pens and then cut it up to use for postcards. I decided I wanted to put a larger image on it and used a head that I had drawn from the Lucy Morningstar interview.  Somehow this person morphed into a superhero with wings. She's freaky but I like her. One of my favorite parts is the outlined squares in the background. I plan to do this exercise again using the same stencil and actually cut up the pieces this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment