Thursday, July 9, 2020

Throwback Thursday: Facing the Inner Critic

I've been cleaning up and reorganizing my space (again!) and came across this project.  I slapped gesso on an old kids' puzzle and then drew a rough self portrait on it. Next I mixed up the pieces and divided them into 4 piles. I asked myself four questions:
  1. What does my inner critic say? 
  2. How is my inner critic trying to help?
  3. What would my friends say about me?
  4. What can I say to me when my inner critic starts talking?
I also asked what color each of those answer groups would be and then I started collaging the four piles of puzzles in response to those answers.  I actually started writing the comments on each puzzle piece, but ran out of steam for that after a while.

I like that everything is all mixed up just like the voices in my head. :)

I decorated the puzzle box too.


No comments:

Post a Comment