Monday, July 6, 2020

She Tribe Paintings

Two of my closest friends have birthdays in June (one day apart from each other). I wanted to do something special for them so I watched Tracy Verdugo's Stories of a She Tribe video and tried it out. Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the process. 

First I started by writing down a short poem for each person and wrote those poems on the canvas with ink and a bamboo skewer. I didn't have the same ink that Tracy uses so I made due. She smears some of the words which didn't really work with the ink I used. She then used paper napkins for collage elements. I didn't have any of those either, so I used some Tim Holtz collage paper which is basically stamped vellum. This meant that I had to lay down some color too because those papers are see through. Then you turn the canvas around looking for images of people that pop out from the lines and elements that have been put on the canvas. This was really absorbing and fun to do. Here are the results.





No comments:

Post a Comment