Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Paper Friendship Quilt


The collaborative art journal is back! The challenge to me was to create a paper friendship quilt. I found a paper piecing design that I liked online and sorted through my paper stash for colors. I cut out all the pieces by hand and glued them down. I started drawing little stitches on with a paint pen. The paint pen is a little faulty, so I get it primed on another piece of paper and it often lets out a little puddle of paint. Unfortunately, my cat stepped in the paint and onto the journal while I wasn't looking. This led to recovering one paw print with a new piece of paper and stamping images onto the quilt squares to hide the other paw print. I tried to do images that reminded me of my friend, so it all turned out in the end.

Now to figure out what my challenge to her will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment