Thursday, August 27, 2020

Peace Swap

 I signed up to do a swap with Peace as the theme with the Carving Consortium. I did a carving a few weekends ago, but when I went to stamp it on the cards I had a very strong reaction that she was turned the wrong direction. When the pages are bound together, she would be facing the binding.


I really didn't like that, so I carved another stamp. Unfortunately, things were getting down to the wire. I needed my pages to arrive by September 1!  I've been swamped with work and family and didn't have a chance to do anything during the day, so one night I stayed up and worked on a new carve. I didn't realize until I did the test print that I had carved out her back!


I tried to carve a plug and glue it in, but that didn't work well. Finally, I just carved a new, smaller stamp that I could use to fill in the gap. That seemed to work okay.


I decided to spice up the background with a spiral stamp and Versamark ink. Here's the final look:



No comments:

Post a Comment