Thursday, April 2, 2015

DLP #9

February Theme: Layers you will love
February 28 Art Challenge: At least five layers
Prompt: Give me a high five

For this challenge, I was inspired by this page from Lynn Whipple that I found in Lynne Perella's book Artists' Journals & Sketchbooks.


Started with a watercolor wash background and then added an old film strip and a background sticker of  bugs from an old sheet of Rocky Mountain postage stamps.  Did some paint splatters with black, brown, and white acrylic paint.
The red blotches came off of my fingers when I colored this sticky-back canvas tracing of my hand.
I tried spritzing paint on this too and doing some designs with a sharpie, but the marks all bled. Used some white paint later which worked better.   Also glued on a small strip of wire mesh to the hand.

Traced around the hand with white paint and black marker. Added some other white dots converging on a point off-page.  Decided to add a stenciled tag scrap.  On the back of the tag, I wrote five things I thought I was good at.  I also wrote in five things other people think I'm good at (that I have a hard time admitting).  Added a slip of paper behind the film strip that on which I stamped the words "I can." and added a wine foil with a hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment