Saturday, April 11, 2015

DLP Week 11

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 14
Art Challenge:  Borders
Journal Prompt:  "Borderline feels like I'm going to lose my mind."

I'd seen this journal page on Pinterest and loved how she did the frame,  so decided to try something like that for this challenge.  Started off with a watercolor wash background.  I was hoping it would look similar to the backgrounds used in class photos.  Painted black gesso around the edges in an oval at first, then I tried to make it look like an old fashioned frame.  Still not happy with that, I played until it was an odd shape.  Stamped the handcarved saying and image in the middle.  This is a self-portrait in a way-- I did this carving based on an MRI image of my brain. This is also the carving that I've been using as a head template for previous pages.  Finally used a silver Pitt pen to do some doodles on the gesso.

No comments:

Post a Comment