Sunday, April 19, 2015

DLP #12

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 21
Art Challenge:  As a Focal Point
Journal Prompt:  Coming into Focus

For this challenge, I decided to focus on my drawing skills (which desperately need practice).  I went to a mirror and sketched out my eye and then my hand around my eye.  With this amazing tutorial, the eye turned out way better than I expected.
The hand is a little wonky.
Then I colored it in with watercolors.
I had several thoughts at this point.  I wanted everything but the eye to be out of focus and I thought about putting vellum or deli paper on top in strips or like layers of an onion.  Decided on vellum strips and added a famous zen quote from Dogen.
I kind of like how in the above photo, the fibers from another page look like part of her hair or even her eyebrow.


1 comment:

  1. Great job on the eye! I am going to have to try that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete