Monday, April 6, 2015

DLP Week 10

March Theme
Making Your Mark (Doodles & Mark Making)
March 7
Art Challenge:  As A Layer Element
Journal Prompt:  Surviving the Elements

Started this page off with a layer of white gesso in which I scratched the words "I will survive."  Let that dry, and then painted red and yellow acrylic paint over it and wiped off the excess.
Found an electron microscope photo of the MERS virus and a cell from an old Science News magazine.  The colors and theme fit, so decided to add that in the corner.   Also clipped a piece of netting from a bag of oranges and glued that on.  I had done some funky circles in black by the virus photo, but didn't like it, so dry brushed some black gesso over top.
Looked through my stash of stuff and found a stamped image of a sun (borrowed stamp, so I don't know the company) and a stamped image of one of my first carvings.  Added those to the mix.

1 comment:

  1. Ok so there is so much I love about this...1. Etching the "I will survive" in gesso ....brilliant! 2. The color on the back ground...yummy! 3. the virus photo....eww,..but such a great match with the background and if I didn't know what it was...I would have skipped the "eww" and just loved it. 4. The orange sack...I love how you incorporate found objects. 5. Isn't that goddess one you made for me when I was prego? Super cool. 6. black gesso on just two edges ... Nice touch

    ReplyDelete