Saturday, March 28, 2015

DLP week 8

February Theme: Layers you will love
Art Challenge: Repeating Elements
Prompt: It's Worth Repeating

Wow, this was a multi-layer, multi-day page for me!  Started off covering the page with a paper that had hands stamped all over it.  Thought that was where I might go with repeated elements, but really I didn't have an idea in place.
Left this to dry and a day later came back with the idea to make the repeated element be my to-do list which always seems to have the same things on it-- laundry, cleaning, etc.  Found a couple of old lists and pasted them on.  Added a layer of brown paint mixed with matte medium to the top.

Found a home-made shimmer spray someone had given me and spritzed the page, then used a straw to blow the paint around.
Then I added some repeated numbers in Tim Holtz distress ink--dark blue (too lazy to go look up the name of the color).
Decided to really go with the checklist idea and carved a stamp with 3 checked boxes.  Stamped these in white pigment ink randomly around page.
Finally decided to paint a huge checkbox in black gesso as the main focal point and to journal with white jelly pen on it.  This is the first page that I've done some personal journaling.  Also added the quote from Socrates: "Beware the barrenness of a busy life."  Added a few more checkboxes in blue ink around the page-- although they didn't stamp well, but I like the bit of color.

1 comment:

  1. Loved that you shared the process. How aewsome that you can carve a stamp to match you theme!

    ReplyDelete