Monday, June 1, 2020

Freaky Portrait

This went through a series of steps. The background was actually from a piece of art my sister created for her word of the year. She didn't like how it turned out and tore off some of the papers she'd glued on to use on her second attempt. I decided to reuse the substrate and started doing a rough self-portrait. The first phase was pretty weird. I didn't take the time to do the proportions correctly.
In the second phase I fixed the proportions a bit by bringing down the hairline. I also tried fixing the eyes, softening lines and added in the leaf buds on the chest. So much better.
Third phase: I fixed the shadows around the mouth to be more accurate and also worked on the upper right corner. I know the shoulders are too small, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment