Thursday, June 11, 2020

Courageous Creativity with Karine Swenson

Along with Mitch Bowler, the interview with Karine Swenson inspired me to begin trying to draw again. I haven't had a chance to do the exercises that Mitch gifted to the group, but I did practice along with Karine's practice warm up exercises.

I used this photo of my cat, Rico Suave, as a reference. Those back toes though...

The first exercise was using straight lines and trying to pay attention to the inner spaces and not the edges. I have to say I found this really difficult. I'm definitely drawn to the edges.

The second exercise did something similar but with circular scribbles. I could feel myself getting into this one more.

The final exercise was a one line contour drawing. I've always loved these.

All of these were to practice hand-eye coordination and learning how to see.









No comments:

Post a Comment