Saturday, May 30, 2020

Courageous Creativity Day 6

Even though they were both amazing and thought provoking, I'm skipping Days 4 and 5 because I don't have any art to show for it yet..  Amanda Mauck interviewed Jenny Ynnej (formerly known as JP Kim) for Day 6. Jenny led us through another guided meditation and used a process she called CITE. C stands for Center in which she encouraged us to embody this moment. I stood for Inquire/Intention. For this step we were supposed to ask our source a question and to guide us in some way. I asked how to hear and trust my inner voice and to guide me into opening my heart. We wrote this intention down in pencil on the page. The next step was to Trust-- open up and allow the process. Here she told us to take a pen or sharpie and scribble all over the page. I ended up closing my eyes so that I couldn't force this process too much. Next we looked at the scribbles, turning the page if necessary until an image stood out to us. We colored in the images. The last step was to Exclaim-- asking what the message was. She suggested we visualize offering the pen to the image and letting the image write to us.  I didn't do that, but I did write down some first impressions of my image.  She also suggested that we take photos of each step of the process, but I didn't have my phone with me and didn't want to take time to go get it, so the end piece is what you get to see.

What came up for me: 
  • Me holding me, supportive and loving
  • Small me is mischievous and happy
  • Large me is quiet but strong, watchful and observing
  • Small me has a mouth and the large me doesn't-- is it there and just covered by small me's arm?
  • The green background could represent growth, creativity
I also love that Jenny is a word lover and discovered that another definition of CITE is to "praise for a courageous act."

No comments:

Post a Comment