Friday, May 29, 2020

Courageous Creativity Day 3

Day Three was an interview with Devorah Spilman who did a guided meditation using her Instoryway process. After connecting with our ground, she invited us to think about our gifts and what we were grateful for. After that she asked what was an image or metaphor for who we were or what we do in the world. We were supposed to trust in the first image that came to mind. My first image was of an eye followed quickly by a boulder in a river with water flowing over it.We were then supposed to explain or interpret how the image is like ourselves or how we are like it. I went with the boulder and did some journaling for it. The words "solid," "stable," "ground," "big" and "full" came to mind.  Last night I decided to try drawing the boulder in the river. I had no idea how to do this and not much time to do it in. I was compelled to use colored pencils although that probably wasn't the best medium to depict water. As I was trying to draw the boulder, an eye emerged. Now I have to figure out what the eye means!

No comments:

Post a Comment