Thursday, April 28, 2016

Spring carving

Although I've been doing some art, I haven't a whole lot to show for it.  One reason is that I've started carving again.  I signed up for the Carving Consortium's Spring Postcard swap.  My dog has been so excited to chase balls again now that they don't get lost in the snow.  I decided to do that for the carving.  But first I needed a photo for reference.  This took a couple days to get one that I liked.  But I forgot that with my "new" computer (already a year old), I have no easy way of getting the photos off of my camera.  So I drew the dog from the camera (which kept shutting off).  This drawing turned out much better than the one of my kids!  Then to the carving and printing!  I left some of the stray marks in for motion marks.  Usually I like a very clean carving, so leaving print marks is out of my comfort zone.  I like it in this case though.  Here's a photo of one of the final prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment