Monday, April 11, 2016

Life with a closed heart

I'm trying out some intuitive painting techniques.  I am finding myself drawn to it, but still unsure of how to go about the process.  I've been wanting to try it out for a while, but was too scared.  Finally I gave myself the prompt to paint "living with a closed heart."  Here's a blow by blow of what happened:

 I think part of me felt that living with a closed heart was also an angry,violent place to be.
 I love how this step turned out-- I painted on some black and then put a stencil over it and pulled off some of the black paint.
 Lots of steps in between, but at this point I was too into the process to stop and take photos.  Here's the end product:
Kind of funny that I couldn't just keep it to painting-- had to add in a handcarved self-portrait (stamped on separate paper and adhered with matte medium).

I actually had another canvas going at the same time that was "living life with an open heart." I was trying to switch back and forth to let the paint dry on each before adding new paint.  But this one took over for me and I haven't finished the other one yet.  Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment