Wednesday, October 14, 2015

DLP #21

May Theme: Touchy Feely (Texture)
May 23
Art Challenge:  Cheesecloth
Journal Prompt:  Say Cheese

The prompt "Say Cheese" got me to thinking about cameras.  At first, I thought I'd try to draw an old fashioned camera, but what I had next to me was my phone which is what I've been mostly taking photos with anyway, so...
I drew a quick rendition of the phone and then decided to spend some time drawing a hand about to take a photo.  Realizing it needed a background, I decided to do some vibrant colors:

I also decided to paint in the hand and what was being seen on the screen.

My original thought was I'd use some gauzy cloth (substituting for cheesecloth) to obscure the background.  So the only thing that was "real" for the screen holder was what was on the screen.  Sort of like this:
But then I decided that what was "real" was actually what was in the background and the screen was what should be obscured.  (At this point, I wished I'd done a better job of representing the background, but what I was originally after was the color.)
I'm not sure how obvious the gauzy cloth is, here's a closer view:



1 comment: