Saturday, September 19, 2015

DLP #19

May Theme: Touchy Feely (Texture)
May 9
Art Challenge:  Stitching
Journal Prompt:  "All that I'm after is life full of laughter."

I thought I'd use this self-portrait printed on paper with an ink jet and glued to fabric for the May 2nd challenge, but then didn't.  Decided to give it a go for this week's challenge.
Used some dylusion ink sprays to color the background.  At first I started drawing in  (okay, emphasizing) smile wrinkles around the eyes and cheeks.  I also decided that I wanted the mouth to open, so I cut out that section.  Then I decided to make myself a mime.
 Used the journal page to soak up the extra dylusion spray for a background.
Finished painting myself as a mime (gesso with ink extender and water).  Colored in the cheeks and lips with inktense block paint.  Sharpie for the eye lines.  Made a bunting from an old gelli print.  I plan on sewing over the top of the bunting, but haven't gotten out the sewing machine yet.
 Here's the mouth after being pulled open.  A little creepy, but it makes me laugh.
Update: Here's how the stitching turned out.

1 comment: