Thursday, September 10, 2015

Back at it...

I met with a friend yesterday and was telling her how cranky I'd been, how everything was bugging me, even stuff that I knew was small stuff.  Her response: "Sounds like how you get when you're not doing any art."  Light bulb!  So I spent an hour playing yesterday with art stuff yesterday.  Felt mentally refreshed.  Now to remember this lesson for the future!

I decided to keep going on the Documented Life Project from where I left off, you know... back in APRIL!   As a reminder, the April theme was Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints). I'd left off on April 18 which had these guidelines:
     Art Challenge: Gelli Plate
     Journal Prompt: A lot on my Plate

Using Derwent Inktense blocks (on clearance at Michaels due to damage to the packaging), I laid down some color direct to paper and brushed over it with water.  I tried adding some color by wetting the block first too.  Used a black Sharpie and Marvy white gel pen for the text.  My minimal Gelli print offering is the ripped piece in the bottom corner.


2 comments: