Monday, May 11, 2015

DLP Week 14

April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints)
April 4
Art Challenge:  Watercolors
Journal Prompt:  It's Water Under the Bridge

I got hit with artist block bit time since my last post.  Part of it was letting life get in the way-- travelling, catching up from being away, travelling again, catching up.  But a big part was resistance to the journal prompt and not knowing where I would go with it.  And not trusting myself to just start.  

Finally, over the weekend I put a watercolor wash down on the page.  But then I had to wait for it to dry and started putting it off again.

So, I bought Steven Pressfield's book "The War of Art," read 2 chapters and decided to stop procrastinating and do something.  I already have his book "Do the Work" which I highly recommend and War of Art promises to be just as good.

Here's what happened when I started to play.
The hands are painted in black gesso and I used a white pen to do the journaling Dina Wakely style-- start writing in one direction and then flip the page 90 degrees and continue writing.  

This page was good for me in so many ways.  Just doing it.  Not judging.  Not caring that the hands aren't even close to right.   Or that I have stray marks.  Trusting that something will come out (although, I had the idea for the hands over the weekend and the journaling idea  came up while I was meditating, still). Getting personal in the journaling.  Moving on.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you overcame your artist block. I love the hands. There is something supernatural about them.

    ReplyDelete