Friday, August 26, 2016

Take care of yourself

A friend of mine came over last weekend and wanted to do some healing art.  We each worked on an intention.  Mine was self-care.  Self-care is such an interesting thing.  We know we need to do it and it is the last thing we do.  I am really working on self-compassion and giving myself permission to take care of myself in my practice right now.
 I had this idea of how do I fill my cup.
 And I realized, there are a lot of ways I sabotage self-care.
Just a fun, quick, little piece to get creative juices flowing again.  I like how the cup kind of looks like it has wings in the final piece.  The red around the cup is actually paint that I've peeled off of a table I'm refinishing.  Some of the wood of the table stuck to the paint.  I love how this looks.  Which means I'm stuck with the heat gun and peeling more paint rather than going to another method which might be quicker.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment