Friday, July 29, 2016

DLP #35

August Theme: Faces, the Human Form & Characters
August 29
Art Challenge: Self Portrait
Journal Prompt:  Mirror Mirror

For this page, I used some "out-takes" of the self-portrait I did for the Carving Consortium multi-color swap recently.  I like that each one is different, just as we are different every day.  I included a test print in the lower left corner of the first color which I used to help figure out where my registration lines would be when I printed.

The journaling is a quote from Sufi Mullah Nasrudin and says:

How are you?
Perfect, thank you.  I am traveling incognito.
Oh?  As what are you disguised?
I am disguised as myself.
Don't be silly. That's no disguise.
On the contrary, it must be a very good disguise, for I see it has fooled you         completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment