Sunday, February 15, 2015

Documented Life Project

My friend Deedee suggested we both do the Documented Life Project together.  I had been wanting to do some art journaling so this seemed like good motivation, plus we get to reconnect through art.   Then I had the problem of overcoming inertia, and my mind telling me I had more important things to do and that it was just too selfish/self-absorbed to be taking time to do this.  Then I saw Deedee's creations on her blog and was blown out of the water.  I had yet another excuse not to start: my stuff would look like crap compared to hers.  Finally another friend told me to get over it, that I was judging before I even began, and to give myself a break.  So grateful for her calm, centered self!

January's theme was The Blank Page and How to Face It!
And the first art challenge was Book Paper with the journal prompt: Be Your Own Goal Keeper.  I actually did this challenge second (I'm so behind that I can do them in any order, grin).  But for the sake of consistency with the DLP, I'll post in the correct order.


I crossed out all of the words but a few on the book paper that I used.  I used Dylusion ink for the green and blue color.  Stamped the handcarved pattern stamps in the background with Adirondack rainbow pad and then stamped the handcarved woman over top.  Painted white gesso around her so that she stood out more.  Tried a Tim Holtz Distress Marker (white) to fill her in, but it ended up blending the ink color instead of filling it in with white.  I liked it although I'm not pleased with this pen.  Stamped the letters (commercial, but I don't know the company) on deli paper and glued them on with matte gel medium.


No comments:

Post a Comment